Meet the team
Our dedicated team of staff and volunteers are at the very heart of the Association and the driving force behind its success. We are so grateful to the incredible people who give their time and passion to make the South West Coast Path one of the greatest walks in the world.
Our Board of Trustees meet quarterly in our offices at the historic Royal William Yard on the Coast Path in Plymouth (currently meeting virtually). We have committees on health & wellbeing, membership & fundraising, Path matters and finance & HR to help support the team. The board also meet elsewhere in the South West and make wide use of telephone and videoconferencing.
We currently have twelve Trustees on our Board.
- Chair: Ken Carter [email protected]
- Vice-chair: Bob Mark [email protected]
- Treasurer: Mike Tithecott [email protected]
- Secretary: Martin Davis [email protected]
The 630 miles of the Coast Path has been divided into a number of sections each headed up by an Area Rep who sit on the Path Committee and coordinate a team of Local Reps. Each year a conditions survey of the Trail is undertaken by the reps, coordinated by the National Trails Officer.
Below is a list of our current Area Reps and you can click the map below to see our local reps too.
- Minehead to Bideford: Geoff Garfield
- Bideford to Bude: Chris Lucas
- Bude to Rock: Carol Sellars
- Padstow to Hayle: Margaret Bonner
- Hayle to Porthleven: Pete Marshall
- Porthleven to Portloe: Paul Rabbeth
- Portloe to Cremyll: Jan Corber
- Plymouth to Salcombe: Catharine Seidel
- East Portlemouth to Dartmouth: Christopher Leigh
- Kingswear to Topsham: Tino Savvas
- Exmouth to Abbotsbury: Aidan Winder
- Abbotsbury to South Haven Point: Bryn Gittins
- Ramblers Representative: John Skinner
- Path Committee Chairman: Steve Church