Business Mile Maker
Become a Business Mile Maker and give the amount it costs on average to ‘make’ one mile of the Trail per year - £1,400. Your Mile Maker journey will provide amazing team building and PR opportunities plus help you achieve your CSR goals.
What ‘makes’ a Coast Path mile?
From vegetation management and surfacing, surveying and monitoring, to steps and way-marking, a lot goes into making each of the 630 miles of the South West Coast Path every year. The increasing impact of climate change means that costs to care for the Path are rising and the access to the coast that we often take for granted, is under threat. We are asking like-minded businesses to help us tackle these challenges head on and make the National Trail as amazing it can be for now and future generations.
Why become a Mile Maker?
As a Mile Maker you become the guardian of one precious mile of the Coast Path for a year, but the impact of your generosity reaches far beyond that. You will be part of the huge, collective effort by individuals, charities, local government and the business community to ensure that our ever-more vulnerable National Trail remains a continuous, unbroken link to the unique coastal landscape which defines the South West’s identity. Remember that every mile has value – whether it supports the mental and physical wellbeing of local people, hosts a wildlife habitat, enables a business idea, fires up the imagination of a creative soul or connects a coastal community with their neighbours - Every Mile Matters.
This is more than just a mile of dirt, we are talking about improving lives and the planet...did you know?
- 83% of Coast Path users feel more connected to nature
- 79% feel more positive after walking on the Coast Path
- 62% feel inspired to be more active
As a Mile Maker you will receive:
- A locally handmade, official South West Coast Path National Trail oak sign to display in your workplace inscribed with ‘South West Coast Path, Mile Maker 2020/2021’
- A Mile Maker certificate to display in your workplace
- A thank you letter from Chairman of the Board of the South West Coast Path Association
- A mention in any relevant press releases
How you make up the £1,400 is up to you!
- It could be a corporate donation, fundraised through an employee challenge on the Coast Path, or even generated by collecting a proportion of the sales of a nominated product.
- However you choose to make your £1,400 contribution over a 12 month period, we will be delighted to welcome you as a Mile Maker at any point in the year.