Coast Path Pledge
#CoastPathPledge is back, and this time you could win a walking holiday on the Trail to help make your pledge reality.
Here at the South West Coast Path Association, we know the Trail is a powerful catalyst for positive change. It can transform our bodies, still our minds and enrich our souls by connecting us intimately with nature and the ocean.
Over 2,000 of you pledged to use the Coast Path to improve your lives in 2019 and we heard some truly uplifting stories from people who fulfilled those pledges. This January, we are once again asking you to tell us how you plan to harness the Trail’s potential and make some positive changes for the year ahead.
How to make a pledge
All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning an amazing walking break, is make your pledge by clicking on the button below before 31st January.
Then share your pledge on social media using #CoastPathPledge to tell your friends - remember, sharing your goals publicly often makes you more likely to achieve them!
What kind of thing could you pledge?
It could be for mind, body or environment, but it must be about using the Trail. Last year, over 800 people pledged to make a difference to the environment, with many saying they would proactively beach clean and litter pick on the Path. The winning pledge however, was made by Sarah who said she would use the South West Coast Path to help friends struggling with their emotional wellbeing connect with nature.
“Last January, I made a Coast Path Pledge for the year, which was to continue to walk with my friends once a month, but to also encourage them to see the benefits of walking independently. By May, that was happening, and I now frequently see their SWCP pictures on social media! It is lovely seeing my friends so much happier, and I personally believe that time in nature, amongst other things has helped that.
I would recommend everyone spends time on the SWCP. Spend some time alone, and with others. Welcome the changeable weather and nature. What I found was life on the Path is utter happiness, it is the equivalent of a huge injection of good health. I can honestly say the SWCP has shaped who I am today.” - Sarah
We share stories like Sarah's in our monthly e-news, which you can sign up for here.
Good luck folks and here's to a great 2020!
Terms and Conditions
- The ‘Coast Path Pledge’ competition is open for entries from Thursday 2nd January 2020 until Friday 31st January 2020 at midnight. The winner will be announced by Friday 7th February 2020.
- The author of the winning pledge, as judged by the South West Coast Path Association, will win a two-night walking break for two people on the Coast Path in Devon or Cornwall.
- The prize is for two people sharing an inland facing twin or double room and includes full English breakfast, table'hote dinner and one packed lunch. Prize valid for the following dates: 1st March - 21st May 2020 and 20th September - 30th November 2020. All accommodation is subject to availability.
- If you are the winner of this competition, the South West Coast Path Association will need to contact you via email to arrange redemption of your prize from Devon & Cornwall Holidays. We will also ask you for a quote about your win to share on our website, via social media and possibly with the press. This helps the charity promote the benefits of the Coast Path.
- Any personal contact information that you share with us through the ‘Coast Path Pledge’ competition will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We will never share your personal data with third parties.
- In submitting a pledge, you give your permission for the South West Coast Path Association and Devon & Cornwall Holidays to publish your pledge on our websites, social media and other communications.
- You can enter only once.
- The prize is non-transferable.
- Judges decisions are final.