Path Closure and Diversion: Between Eype and West Bay
Dorset Council has temporarily closed a short section of the Coast Path between Eype and West Bay from grid reference SY4513 9098 (point A on the map) to grid reference SY4533 9094 (Point B on map). This is for a distance of approximately 210 metres.
The path closure is needed for public safety reasons due to excessive cliff movement and loss of the pathway.
A permissive alternative route is available by agreement with the landowner (Highlands End Holiday Park). Please follow the route as marked with a blue line on the map. At point A turn north along the Permissive Route for 50m to point C and walk east 80m along Permissive Route to point D. Then turn and head south –south east for 170m along headland to point B passing through the gate to re-join the Coast Path. The reverse route also applies.
The following walks may be affected by the route change:
- Chideock Inland Walk from Golden Cap Holiday Park
- Eype & Bridport
- Golden Cap to Bridport and West Bay
- Graston Copse - Bridport
- Highlands End - Stonebarrow Hill Walk
- Highlands End to Bridport Circular Walks
- Highlands End to Seatown and Golden Cap
- Seatown to Abbotsbury
- Seatown to Bridport Walk from Golden Gap Holiday Park
- West Bay & Burton Bradstock