Dawlish, Devon: Temporary Path Closure
A short section of the South West Coast Path that follows the sea wall at Dawlish will be temporarily closed to enable Network Rail to carry out construction work for the railway line. The closure is in place for up to six months from Monday 7th September.
This relates to FOOTPATH NO. 7, DAWLISH from Colonnade Underpass to Black Bridge and
FOOTPATH NO. 10, DAWLISH the whole length of path except for access to Coastguard Cottages.
A diversion is in place via Richmond Place – multi-user path (part of National Cycle Route No. 2) – Exeter Road – Bridleway No. 4 – Footpath No. 9. Please follow the diversion signs on the ground.
The following walks may be affected by the route change:
- Babbacombe to Exmouth
- Cofton - Around Dawlish
- Dawlish and Dawlish Warren
- Dawlish Warren to Exeter along the South West Coast Path and Exe Estuary Trail
- Riviera Line - Dawlish Station - Dawlish - Teignmouth
- Riviera Line - Dawlish Station - Dawlish Town Trail
- Riviera Line - Dawlish Warren Station -Dawlish
- Teignmouth to Dawlish
- Teignmouth to Dawlish - NCI
- Teignmouth to Dawlish Railway Walk