Dawlish, Devon: Temporary Path Closure
June 2020: Devon County Council have temporarily closed part of the South West Coast Path at Dawlish between Boat Cove and the Colonnade underbridge. The footbridge connecting Marine Parade and Boat Cove is also closed. This is for public safety reasons whilst work is carried out on behalf of Network Rail to reconstruct the sea wall and promenade. These temporary closures apply to Dawlish Footpath Nos. 40 and 7 and will be in place up until mid-December 2020, or until work is completed. Access to Boat Cove will be available.
An alternative route for the South West Coast Path involves walking down Lea Mount greenspace and taking the path (keeping on the landward side of the railway) to meet up with Marine Parade, to then continue to the Station. The reverse also applies. This alternative path is marked by the blue dashed line on the plan.
The following walks may be affected by the route change:
- Babbacombe to Exmouth
- Cofton - Around Dawlish
- Dawlish and Dawlish Warren
- Dawlish Warren to Exeter along the South West Coast Path and Exe Estuary Trail
- Riviera Line - Dawlish Station - Dawlish - Teignmouth
- Riviera Line - Dawlish Station - Dawlish Town Trail
- Riviera Line - Dawlish Warren Station -Dawlish
- Teignmouth to Dawlish
- Teignmouth to Dawlish - NCI
- Teignmouth to Dawlish Railway Walk