'A Blast from the Path' Photo Competition
Come, walk with us down the world’s best memory lane, this is a photo competition with a difference...
We want to see your retro photos from trips to the South West Coast Path in years gone by. They could be from 5 years ago, they could be from 25 years ago. Anything goes so long as the photo was taken on, or next to, the Path, and has at least one person in it! Many of you talk about the South West Coast Path being like a dependable old friend who is there to come back to year after year, able to comfort and exhilarate no matter what your stage in life – that feeling is what this photo competition aims to capture.
To celebrate the re-opening of the historically significant Bay Valley of the Rocks Hotel, Lynton which first opened its doors in the 1800s, we are partnering with our sponsors Shearings Holidays to bring you 'A Blast from the Path' photo competition. Enter to be in with a chance of winning a fabulous three day break at the newly refurbished hotel, when you can create some wonderful new memories on the Coast Path. The Bay Valley of the Rocks Hotel, owned by Shearings Holidays, has welcomed thousands of visitors over the last 200 years, helping create millions of happy moments on the North Devon Coast. Some of you may even have photos from a stay at the hotel which you could enter in this competition!
To enter 'A Blast from the Path' all you need to do is:
Flick through your old photo albums and find your favourite photo of yourself, or others enjoying the South West Coast Path in years gone by. (Don’t worry, we aren’t looking for top-quality photography skills here, we just want something that captures the care-free joy and sense of nostalgia that the Path can bring.)
Make an electronic copy of the photo you have chosen to enter – either by taking a photo of the photo with your smart phone, or by scanning it.
Head to Facebook and post your 'Blast from the Path' photo in the comments below the main competition post, telling us the year the photo was taken and where on the Path it is. If you haven’t got Facebook, please email your entry and we will post it to Facebook on your behalf.
Take a look through the other entries whilst you are there, we are hoping to build our very own Coast Path 'memory book' through this competition!
- Keep your eyes peeled on the 5th March when we will announce the winning entry and who has won the fabulous weekend break at the Bay Valley of the Rocks Hotel, Lynton!
Terms and Conditions
- The 'Blast from the Path' photo competition runs for one week and is hosted on the South West Coast Path Association’s Facebook page. Entries open on Thursday 22nd February 2018 and close on Thursday 1st March 2018, the winner will be announced on Monday 5th March 2018, the day the Bay Valley of the Rocks Hotel reopens.
- The winning entry, as selected by the South West Coast Path Association, will win up to three nights’ accommodation (dependant on availability) at the Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel, Lynton for two people on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast basis. The prize must be claimed and taken before 1st December 2018 and is subject to availability (bank holidays are not included). It is based on two people sharing a standard twin or double room and does not include any extras or supplements.
- The South West Coast Path Association make no claims on your copyright.
- In submitting a photograph, you give your permission for the South West Coast Path Association and Shearings Holidays to publish your photo on our websites, social media and photo galleries (e.g. Flickr and other third-party websites) and to use it without charge to promote the South West Coast Path and the photo competition in print and digital formats. Whenever your photo is used we will endeavour to ensure you are credited as the photographer.
- You can enter as many photos as you want.
- You must own the photographs that you enter in this competition - no copying photos out of books, postcards or websites!
- The photos must be taken on, or near to the South West Coast Path.
- If the people in your photo are recognisable, you must have obtained their permission for the pictures to be entered into the competition and used for promotional purposes.
- If you are the winner of this competition we will need to contact you via Facebook or email to obtain your details and arrange redemption of your prize.
- The prizes are non-transferable.
- Judges decisions are final.
Shearings Holidays have given the Bay Valley of the Rocks Hotel an elegant make-over to ensure that memories can continue to be made at this historical coastal hotel for years to come. They have over 100 years travel experience and their two distinctive hotel brands offer a range of backdrops in superb locations across the UK (Bay Hotels and Coast & Country Hotels). You’ll find a warm welcome, a comfortable stay and terrific value at all their hotels.
Published on: Feb. 1, 2018