Make the South West Coast Path Association your Charity of the Year 2018!
The South West Coast Path Association would love to become your business’s Charity of the Year 2018. We know that many of our business supporters are in planning mode for next year, so if you are considering which local charity you would like to fundraise for, please do think of us!
New to the concept of Charity of the Year? No problem! Read on to find out what it is all about.
What is a Charity of the Year?
This is the local charity you choose to support in whichever ways you can, throughout a given year. Businesses large and small across the UK pick one cause which is close to the hearts of their staff and customers, to unite behind.
Why have a Charity of the Year?
Having a specific Charity of the Year gives focus to your fundraising efforts for those 12 months. By raising small amounts throughout the year, a significant total can be reached without much trouble – meaning you make a greater impact on the work of the charity that you care about. Supporting a Charity of the Year can also:
- help motivate your staff, especially if you have a team fundraising day where you work together to achieve a fundraising target, no matter how big or small.
- give you a great PR opportunity – local press always love a good fundraising story!
- inspire and impresses your customers – asking them to help you reach your fundraising target gives you a great talking point, shows that you are a business with a conscious and therefore gives you an edge over your competitors!
So how can you support your Charity of the Year?
There are so many ways to fundraise at work, here are some ideas to start you off:
Staff fundraising: it’s called ‘fun’-draising for a reason! Think bake off, sponsored walk, dress up or switching job roles for a day!
Till-point collection tins: if you run a pub, B&B or shop this is perfect – just make sure you put up a poster or two explaining why the charity is so special to you.
Product fundraising: choose something you sell to become your ‘charity product’, for example a certain dish on a menu or a service you offer, then donate £1 per purchase of that item.
Why choose the South West Coast Path Association as your Charity of the Year?
We think the reasons are endless! The beauty, and uniqueness of the Path speaks for itself, but here are our top four reasons for supporting the Association in 2018:
- The Path changes, improves and saves lives:
“In 2004 I was injured in a military accident, we didn't know if I'd walk again. 3 years ago, after moving to Devon I discovered the Path and decided to try to defeat the odds and walk long distances. I've been building up the mileage. I'm at 10 miles. The Path is more to me than just a training ground…It's a solace that helps me in my darkest hours of my PTSD. It's my calm place. It's saved my life in many ways.” - a Path user
- We are the local charity of the entire region! We fund projects all the way along the 630 mile Path – improving, promoting and championing the South West Coast Path in Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and Dorset.
- The Path gives back to local business! 9 million people from near and far flock to the South West Coast Path each year to seek solace in the natural landscape, to find time to reflect, to keep fit, to spend time with family, to have an adventure, or simply to walk their dog in stunning surroundings. These visitors contribute £500 million to the region’s economy ever year.
- Last, but not least – if you choose the Association as your Charity of the Year we will support you with your fundraising and celebrate your support on social media!
Want to find out more about making the South West Coast Path Association your Charity of the Year? Contact our Fundraising Manager, Genevieve at [email protected], she will be delighted to hear from you!
Published on: Nov. 28, 2017