Paws on the Path
Are you a dog owner? Do you and your furry friend fancying winning £300 worth of Forthglade ‘s delicious natural dog food, a Go-Pro, Go-Pro dog harness, a subscription to Coast magazine, plus a year’s membership with the South West Coast Path Association?... We thought so!
In partnership with our sponsors Forthglade, we bring you the #PawsOnThePath doggy photo competition. To be in with a chance of winning, all you have to do is upload a fun-loving photo of your canine companion on their favourite section of the National Trail and tell us about the route you take for walkies before 24th March 2019.
How do you capture your shot?
- Check out our pick of dog-friendly walks here for location inspiration and then head out for a jaunt on the Coast Path, keeping an eye out for photo opportunities. Stop to play fetch on beaches along the way – the beauty of this time of year for dog-owners is that the dog-bans on beaches are lifted in most places!
- Take lots of photos – you are more likely to get one you are happy with.
- Check out our advice for safe and considerate dog-walking on the Coast Path here. Remember to always bag it and bin it, pass livestock carefully and be mindful that not everyone on the trail will be comfortable around dogs.
So, what kind of photos are we looking for?
- First and foremost, this competition is about images of dogs enjoying the 630-mile South West Coast Path (anywhere from Minehead in Somerset, around to Poole in Dorset). No landscapes without a canine subject please! If landscapes are your thing, please enter our landscape photo competition when it returns later in the year.
- Photos should be creative, light-hearted and preferably, candid. Even better if they are amusing! They should celebrate the connection between our dogs and the natural world, as well as showcase the stunning dog-walking opportunities that the Trail represents.
- Photos taken on a smart phone are ideal, but any digital photo is fine. The higher resolution, the better - aim for 300 dpi so it will look great printed!
How do you enter?
Simply click on the link below to upload your photo and tell us about your favourite dog-walking spot on the Coast Path. Don’t forget to share it on social media with hashtag #PawsOnThePath.
What prizes are on offer?
The luck winner will receive this amazing bundle:
- A mixture of Forthglade’s natural dog food and treats worth £300
- A GoPro HERO Camera
- A GoPro dog harness
- One year’s subscription to Coast Magazine
- One year’s membership with the South West Coast Path Association
The runner-up will be given a Coast magazine subscription and a selection of tasty Forthglade goodies
We can’t wait to see your entries.
Terms and conditions of entry
- The 'Paws on the Path’ competition is run by the South West Coast Path Association in partnership with Forthglade natural pet food.
- For your entry to qualify, your photograph must contain at least one dog and be taken on, or immediately next to the South West Coast Path.
- Although the competition officially launches 1st November entries will be accepted from 28th September, when the competition is promoted in Coast magazine. The competition will close on Sunday 24th March 2019 at midnight. The winner, as chosen by the competition committee, will be announced week commencing 1st April 2019 to coincide with National Pet Month.
- The owner of the winning entry will receive £300 worth of Forthglade natural dog food, a Go-Pro, Go-Pro dog harness, a year’s subscription to Coast magazine and a year’s membership with the South West Coast Path Association. The runner up will receive a year’s subscription to Coast magazine and a selection of tasty Forthglade goodies. Prizes are non-transferrable.
- The South West Coast Path Association and Forthglade make no claims on your copyright.
- In submitting a photograph, you give your permission for the South West Coast Path Association and Forthglade to publish your photo on our websites, social media and photo galleries (e.g. Flickr), and to use it without charge to promote the South West Coast Path and the photo competition in print and digital formats. Whenever your photo is used we will endeavour to ensure you are credited as the photographer.
- You can enter a maximum of three times, and you must own the photographs that you enter in this competition.
- If there are people in your photo, you must have obtained their permission for the pictures to be entered into the competition, and used for promotional purposes.
- If you win or come second, we will need to contact you via email to obtain your postal address details and arrange redemption of your prize.
- Any personal contact information that you share with the South West Coast Path Association and Forthglade through the ‘Paws on the Path’ competition will be held securely and in accordance with GDPR. We will never share or sell your personal data with third parties.
- Judges decisions are final.