Annual General Meeting
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of the South West Coast Path Association (charity number 1163422) will be held in the Pendennis Ballroom at The Falmouth Hotel, at 2:00 pm on Friday 7th June 2019
Programme for the day...
10.30 - Refreshments to be served in the Pendennis Ballroom.
11:00 - Morning presentations and Q&A session, including:
- Richard Andrews, Natural England - update on the England Coast Path;
- Julian Gray, Association Director – the National Trails Alliance;
- Richard Walton, National Trails Officer – work along the Coast Path;
- Alex Turner, Education Coordinator - Connecting Actively with Nature Project;
- Genevieve Hinchliff – Fundraising Manager.
12.30 - 14:00 - Break for lunch at the Falmouth Hotel brasserie or other cafés and restaurants nearby.
14:00 - AGM official start.
- Update from the Association Chair Ken Carter.
- Minutes of the previous meeting. To be agreed and matters arising.
- Reports and accounts. To receive and consider the accounts for the year end 31st December 2018 and the reports of the Charity Trustees and auditors.
- Appointment of Charity Trustees. To receive the proposal, nomination and vote on the appointment of:
Ken Carter; Martin Davis; Lucy Daniel; Nicola Holmwood; Graham Keene; Bob Mark; Peter Scupholme; Philip Spencer: Mike Tithecott
15:30 - Completion certificates will be awarded after the AGM. Please bring them with you and make yourself known to a member of staff before the meeting. Followed by a special guest speaker.
16:15 - Ken Carter will close the meeting
In accordance with clause 22 of the constitution, you can request papers in advance of the AGM by calling us on 01752 896237. Meeting papers will also be made available at the AGM and on our website Key Information page.
Why not stay over...
On the morning of Saturday 8th June 2019, our local Path Representatives and National Trails officer have organised a Falmouth Coastal Heritage themed walk along the South West Coast Path in Falmouth.
Join our local reps Pete Marshall, Tessa Farthing and Paul Rabbeth for a stroll of approx. 3 miles to explore some of the maritime heritage of this renowned port. The main guided walk will start at 10 am from outside The Falmouth Hotel, following the South West Coast Path around Pendennis Point to the Inner Harbour Pier. Features passed along the way include Pendennis Castle, Arwenack House and the National Maritime Museum.
For those wishing to explore the town, there is the option of finishing at the Pier at 1pm.
Alternatively, join National Trail Officer, Richard Walton, for a further 2 miles (approx.) to complete a circular walk back to the Falmouth Hotel via Swanpool Lake and Beach.
For members attending the AGM and wanting to stay in the area, we have 2 business members within 5 miles of The Falmouth Hotel who offer accommodation: Trevarn B&B and Falmouth Lodge Backpackers, further details of accommodation in the area can be found in the 2019/20 Complete Guide or by searching for accommodation in Falmouth on our accommodation finder, which can be found on our website, here.
The Falmouth hotel are offering 15% off the room rate, for members attending the AGM and wishing to stay over, for the 6th or 7th June 2019. Please call the hotel directly for availability and booking information on 01326 312671.
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM