Fundraise for the Coast Path
...on the Coast Path!
If you're thinking about taking on an unforgettable fundraising challenge to make a difference for the South West Coast Path National Trail, you’ve come to the right place.
Join the movement!
It could be a solo long distance hike, a virtual trail running relay, or a challenge to visit your favourite lighthouses on foot with the kids – the South West Coast Path is an adventurer’s playground, and there are so many flexible ways to turn your adventure into a sponsorable challenge on the Trail, for the Trail.
One Trail. 630 Miles.
Endless ways to fundraise.
We’ve put together a Fundraising Inspiration Guide with tons of exciting ideas for how to experience the best of the Coast Path, whilst making an impact. You'll find all kinds of challenges on and off the Trail inside, including these favourites:
- Walking Challenges - hiking at its most beautiful and most meaningful
- Trail Running Challenges - push yourself to limits on our world-famous rollercoaster hills
- Milestone Challenges - an unforgettable way to mark a big birthday or anniversary
Turn your idea into reality
- Use the Fundraising Guide to pick an activity you can do to raise sponsorship or collect donations from people joining in.
- Choose a part of the trail you love or would love to visit using Explore.
- Register your challenge to get personalised fundraising support, a FREE fundraising pack including an A3 map poster and collection boxes.
- Set a fundraising target and create an online fundraising page with Virgin Money Giving.
- Get planning, training and spreading the word, use #MyCoastPathChallenge on social media.
Take action for a healthier environment and community
The pandemic has brought into sharper focus the importance of access to wild places, like that afforded by the Coast Path. We all need to spend time being active in nature, our wellbeing depends upon it. Unfortunately, vital access to the coastal landscape, often taken for granted, faces an uncertain future. Accelerating coastal erosion brought about by climate change, and rising costs to tackle it, threatens the National Trail. But how would we experience rugged cliffs, wild moorlands, turquoise coves and open vistas of the ocean, without it?
To take a challenge on the Trail for the Trail, is to take positive action for your mind and body, and our work protecting and championing the Coast Path. Read more about our cause and why it needs your support in a changing world here.
How your fundraising helps
Here are some ideas of what the money you raise could pay for:
Take a look at some of the recent environmental, health & wellbeing and sustainable economy projects which we have funded on the ground with the help of our fundraisers and other supporters here.
Personal fundraising support
Our Fundraising Manager Genevieve will be the direct point of contact for your challenge. Consider her your personal fundraising guru, there to help you with everything from Coast Path challenge ideas, to getting the most from your online fundraising page. Get in touch today.
You can also find useful information via the links below:
We want everyone to be able to reap the benefits of the South West Coast Path, now, and forever. With your help we can make this a reality - thank you!