How does your fundraising help?
Every mile you pledge makes a huge difference
Thanks to the commitment of our amazing supporters taking part in the Challenge 2017 we are able to continue our vital work to protect, improve and campaign for the South West Coast Path.
It costs at least £1000 per mile to care for the Coast Path, and with recent government funding cuts, your support has never been more important.
The money that you raise or donate through the Challenge helps us:
- secure the way to hidden coves, caves and the sea for water-lovers
- support and educate visitors to make the most of the unique region our Path links up
- provide a safe corridor where local plants and wildlife can flourish and be enjoyed
- celebrate the diverse art, culture and communities that the Path inspires and unites
- and ultimately, makes exploring wild and beautiful coastal landscapes free and easy for everyone
Here are just a handfull of the kinds of projects that your generosity enables (click to enlarge):